Today was day one of our trip. We are currently in Paris, France.  First thing we did was get on a plane in Chicago and flew to Paris. It was a seven hour flight. Abby and I watched a movie on the screens on the seats in front of us. We got tired so we went to sleep. When we woke up we had dinner. They gave us chicken covered in BBQ, collard greens, vegetables, and grits. they gave us a side of 1 roll, and some salted caramel ice cream. Ella and I always drink sprite on a plane. We took melatonin in the beginning so we keep getting tired so we went back to sleep. the next time we woke it up it was time for breakfast. We had a croissant and some raspberry yogurt. Obviously it is weird to have soda in the morning, so I had Lipton English Tea. After breakfast, we finished our movies and than went back to sleep.The next time we woke we almost landed. The reason we slept so much is because the time difference here is 7 hours ahead of the USA and we didn’t want to get jet lagged. When we landed we had to go inside and find baggage claim. It took a while to find our bags but once we did we had to wait about 30 minutes for our shuttle. The shuttles here are different from the ones back in Chicago. The ones in Chicago look like subways in the inside and a bus on the outside. in France, they look like a van. The shuttle took us to our apartment. Our apartment is above a restaurant thing. The apartment is adorable! Ella and I are sleeping on a pull-out couch, my brother Aidan is sleeping on a couch bed thing and my parents are sleeping on a queen sized bed. There are two bathrooms. once we got to the apartment, we got freshened up and ready to walk the Paris streets. We walked from our apartment to get some lunch. To get to the place we ate, we walked along Notre Dame and went across a bridge that is above the Seine, a river running through Paris. The lunch place we went to was called, Le Lutetia Île Saint-Louis. Abby and I had steak frites (steak and fries.) The food was just okay, but it was fine. We could’ve found a better place. After lunch, we walked pretty long way to The Louvre. I thought their would be much more learning but it was more of a museum of art. After we saw Wings of Victory, The Mona Lisa, and Venus de Milo, we went to the gardens behind The Louvre. I had the most beautiful ice-cream cone. They gave us a choice of a flavor, I chose Raspberry, and they shaped it like a rose. they put a raspberry macaroon on the top. It was very good. After we walked a long and painful walk home. When we got back we refreshed again. We walked an even longer walk than before to our boat cruise. our boat was a Pontoon boat and it was just our family on the boat. We cruised down the Seine. We had dinner on the boat. We had Camembert cheese, Comte cheese, grapes, and meat sandwiches. For dessert we had a apricot creme anglaise. The ride was about an hour and a half. We got to see the Eiffel Tower while in the boat. The boat ride was beautiful. The boat took us to our street so we didn’t have to walk all the way from the pick up area. Once we got home, we got ready for bed and went to bed. that was all the fun we had today.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s